Fresno Adventist Academy was founded as Fresno Seventh-Day Adventist School in 1897, became a twelve grade institution in 1921. The collaboration of three churches led to a new name for the school, Fresno Union Academy in 1929. FUA became Fresno Adventist Academy in 1969 at our current location.
The curriculum of Fresno Adventist Academy conforms to the requirements established by the North American Division Office of Education, the Pacific Union Conference Office of Education, and the Central California Conference Board of Education. Because FAA is accredited by the Board of Regents of the General Conference of Seventh-day Adventist and the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, grades and credits earned at FAA are accepted in all Seventh-day Adventist and public schools.
- Elementary: 150 | Class Size Average: 20
- High School: 57 (12 International Students) | Class Size Average: 19
- Mean Elementary GPA: 3.25
- Mean High School GPA: 3.51
- Mean SAT 2016: Evidenced-Based Reading and Writing: 493 | Math Score: 530 | Total (ERW & Math): 102
- Junior PSAT 2016: Evidenced-Based Reading and Writing: 556 | Math: 544 | Total: 1100
Faculty and Staff
19 full-time and 14 part-time; 35% percent of the faculty have their Masters. Total teaching experience hours is 305 of which 158.5 have been at Fresno Adventist Academy.
We are located in Fresno, California and are blessed with 40 acres of land. Our facilities include an onsite organic school farm, swimming pool, full gymnasium, tennis courts, and many acres of fields for football and soccer.
Fresno Adventist Academy uses the Quarter System. There are 4 Quarters: August to October, October to December, January to March, April to June.