During the Thanksgiving Holiday, I took time for spiritual refreshment and read Watchman Nee's book, The Normal Christian Life. He reviews parts of the book of Romans in this book. It was very refreshing. We have a unique God who is so gracious and merciful. His central quote is Galatians 2:20, "It is no longer I, but Christ." Jesus is the only one who has a solution for all my needs. Here are some highlights from Nee's book.
- Because of the Blood of Jesus, my sins are forgiven
- I have died with Christ and the sin principle in me has been overcome
- Because of the Cross of Jesus, my sinful nature has been crucified and died when Jesus died.
- I "reckon" myself dead to sin and alive in God. This is an accomplished fact.
- I am no longer "in Adam," but now I am "in Christ."
- Because I am in Jesus, I became a new creature when he rose from the dead.
- I am part of God's eternal purpose in Christ and became one of his adopted sons.
- Because Jesus ascended, sat down at the Father's right hand, he gave me the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- Jesus not only delivered me from sin by his death but also delivered me the condemnation of the law.
- Christ is in us through the Spirit enabling me to walk by the Spirit.
During this Christmas season, celebrate and praise Jesus for all he has done and is doing for us. His grace is sufficient.