Skip Navigation
My FAA

My FAA

ANNOUNCEMENTS

  • Principal's Message - October 17, 2017

    Good Morning,

    Bella Voce did a beautiful job performing at the Clovis church on Sabbath.  I really loved the stuffed animals that they gave to all the kids at church.  

    All week we will be conducting our MAP testing in grades K-8.  This is a new test that we are piloting.  Once completed, the teachers will have information on where students are performing on each required standard for the grade level.  We will test again in the middle of the year and will be able to compare progress.  The last test will be at the end of the year and we will see how much your child has learned and what they might need to know before moving on to the next grade.

    In addition to testing, the Kindergarten class will visit a pumpkin patch on Thursday.  Fifth grade will also be traveling on Thursday to see the Underground Forrest.  On Friday, the seventh grade will be doing their mission outreach at the Community Food Bank.  They are really learning about serving others.  On Sabbath, La Vie, our high school choir, will be performing at Fresno Asian Church.  

    Next Monday, the Junior class will be going on a Spiritual Retreat.  I know it will be uplifting.  Mr. Lauritzen will be sending out more information to the families about this event.  Red Ribbon and Spirit week will be next week!  Begin planning what your child might wear each day.  Monday will be Cultural Day. Tuesday is Duo Day.  Wednesday is Career Day and a half day for grades K-7.  They will have a noon dismissal.  Thursday is Disney Day and a half day for the whole school.  Friday is our Fun Run and everyone will be wearing Red.  

    I hope everyone has been finding sponsors for Fun Run.  The classrooms get to keep 70% of what is earned.  The Home and School has planned several much needed school projects for the remaining 30%.  Thank you Home and School for all your hard work planning this fun event to help our school.  We know it takes a lot of time and expense to make these events successful.  

    Have a blessed day.

  • Principal's Message - October 10, 2017

    Good Morning!

    I hope everyone enjoyed the day off yesterday after our big tournament weekend.  The teams played hard!  Thank you to each grade level that provided concessions for the weekend.  I hope you did well raising money for your class.  The sign out front welcoming everyone to our campus was provided by our Viking Booster Club!  It looked great!  

    This week will be eventful.  Today we will be celebrating Pastor Appreciation Day from 9:30-10:15.  We really enjoy having our pastors involved with the classrooms and in all aspects of our school.  They are an invaluable part of our program.  

    Tomorrow the Juniors and Sophomores will be taking the PSAT beginning at 8:00 and ending around 12:30.  I am sure they will do well.  On Thursday, the sixth grade will be going to the Fresno Fair.  They will leave at 8:00.  Also on Thursday, we will be taking Senior Portraits.  Seniors need to bring one appropriate change of cloths and LifeTouch will provide a cap and gown for the photographic sessions.  

    On Friday, the kindergarten and first grades will be going to Carmel Village in Clovis for their mission outreach.  They are scheduled to leave at 9:40 and will return at 11:30.  This weekend, Bella Voce will be performing at the Clovis Church and that evening, we will have a Community Game Night.  I hope everyone will come out and enjoy the fun.  Sunday will also be busy with PUC College Days and SAT testing.  

    The first quarter will be ending this week. Please check your child's grades and make sure they have all their work turned in.  If they have missed something, have your child contact their teacher to see what they need to do to complete their assignments.  

    Looking ahead at the calendar, the 25th and 26th are Parent/Teacher conferences.  Please make sure and schedule a time to talk with your child's teachers.  The 27th is Fun Run.  Your child should be bringing home their paperwork today to get sponsors.  Our Home and School group has planed an exciting event!  This is a great way to raise money for the classrooms and get great exercise at the same time.  

    Have a great week. 

    -Mrs. Young

Upcoming Events